Welcome

What oft was thought is a personal chronicle of events and information from the Thirty-Second Annual Kellogg Institute for Developmental Education at Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina, Summer 2011. ~ Written by Caroline Seefchak, Ph.D., Edison State College, Fort Myers, Florida.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Boone's Coniferous Trees




There is less than a week left of being in Boone, and I have run out of fingers to count the things, here, that I will miss.  In Fort Myers, I live on a street called Tall Pine Circle, which is quite beautiful, and aptly named -- it has many, many gorgeous pine trees.  It was one of the attractions to the property for me.  Well, here in Boone, there are many, many, many more trees, including some absolutely remarkable coniferous trees. They have given me some of their pine cones as mementos of my time with them.

Here are some photos of these beautiful trees.  And there's a small photo of the different kinds of pine cones the various trees drop.  They are intricate and amazing!

This was the last Sunday here at Appalachian State, and may Kelloggers are starting to pack and get ready to leave on Friday, right after class.

Today was cold and rainy, again, but it is supposed to be sunny and nice tomorrow, our last Monday.

I have a lot of writing to get done, and some reading to do to prepare for Seminar 4 -- of 4 -- which starts tomorrow.  And I guess maybe I should start getting my own stuff packed.  Friday will be here before we all know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment