Welcome

What oft was thought is a personal chronicle of events and information from the Thirty-Second Annual Kellogg Institute for Developmental Education at Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina, Summer 2011. ~ Written by Caroline Seefchak, Ph.D., Edison State College, Fort Myers, Florida.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'll Be Back...

From Fort Myers, I have traveled across the state to drop off my husband, who met me in North Carolina for the ride home, and to pick up my two housemates, Frederick and Anderson, who were being taken care of by my adult son in Fort Lauderdale.

Anderson and Frederick
There is something about the love of animals.  These two guys really missed me, and they have not let me out of their sight since I've been here. They are pictured in their carrier, into which they go on their own -- because they know it means they will be going to "their house."

I will be back in my office at Edison State College on Monday morning.  What an incredible summer this has been.  I didn't have much of a vacation, but I certainly had a tremendous experience that will stay with me always.

I am happy that I will return to Appalachian State, as a visiting scholar for the NCDE, next year. Over the next two semesters,  I will be replicating research I conducted several years ago, using non-cognitive assessments to measure motivation, self-efficacy, and perceptions of success in developmental students. Dr. Pat Saxon, of the NCDE, asked me to do this to publish, and I am quite excited about the opportunity.

This concludes What oft was thought, my chronicle of my thoroughly amazing time this summer at the Kellogg Institute of the National Center of Developmental Education at Appalachian State University, in Boone, North Carolina.  Between June 16 and July 27, this blog has had 893 individual page views of its 33 postings.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading What oft was thought, for your interest, your following, and your comments.

My goodbye to Boone, though with a heavy heart, was temporary.  I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment