Welcome

What oft was thought is a personal chronicle of events and information from the Thirty-Second Annual Kellogg Institute for Developmental Education at Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina, Summer 2011. ~ Written by Caroline Seefchak, Ph.D., Edison State College, Fort Myers, Florida.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Carpe Diem at a time

Ahh, I have been told to be careful of what I wish for (for what I wish?).  Never has that been more true.  I am just so intent on getting the most out of this, like, sort of, Carpe Diem, Carpe Diem, Carpe Diem - all at once.  (I think you can only seize one day at a time.)  Yeah, careful for what you wish ...

Wish me luck.  Long, eventful day.  Umm, pinch me.

Update, after a long day:


Everything went very, very well!  Dinner with Barbara was at a small, local Italian market that was lovely.  Conversation spanned everything from App State to Edison to everything in between.  I like her tremendously; she is so knowledgeable and intensely intelligent, yet so down to earth and encouraging.  Her scope of understanding -- she just gets things at all levels -- reminds me a lot of someone equally special at Edison.

Then, I facilitated the knowledge, research, and book share at Newland, which was very-well attended.  Packed, actually.  The brain-based learning - my presentation as part of the knowledge share, was very well received and sparked some really amazing conversations from fellow Kelloggers, most of whom are just impressively sharp and well-read and intelligent.  I am going to miss many of these people when this is over.

All in all, a wonderful evening and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment